Tuesday, April 17, 2012

"The Best Things in Life aren't Things."

I feel like every time I get on my blog, I write the same things. I write about how lucky I am to have the people in my life that I do, with dance and my family and the gospel and everything. There's a reason for that. It's because it's true and that's my life. So. Once again, I am writing about how grateful I am for some of the people in my life. I'm actually grateful for all of them, but I don't want this post to be ridiculously long (which will probably happen anyways) so I am only going to write about a few of them in this post.

My mom is so great. I say this all the time, but I couldn't ever say it enough. I try to be a good daughter, but I don't do a very good job of that sometimes. My mom is always so great to me regardless. I hope I can always be there for her the way she is always there for me.

My extended family is one of the biggest blessings of my life. Always has been. My cousins really are my best friends and I love spending time with them. There is no where I would rather be than at a family party. I wish there was a way to describe the feeling that I get when I spend time with my family. It's a sort of peaceful, happy, loved, content feeling. Almost like the feeling you get at the temple. I know that I am loved where ever I go and whatever I do, because of them.

Jon, well, I couldn't ask for a better younger brother. I love talking with him. These past few weeks I have had more of a chance to drive around with him than normal. It's felt like last year, when we would drive all over the place together. We don't 'hang out' together or 'do activities' necessarily, but we run errands and go to temple and just drive home, talking, and that's the best thing in the world for me sometimes. He never ceases to cheer me up and he understands certain things about my life that no one else does.

My ballroom class this semester has been something of a miracle to me. I really needed it. This semester was really good, but it was also pretty hard, for a lot of different reasons. The friends I have made in that class have helped me so much, every single one of them. I love spending time with them and I love that we can always laugh together. I am so glad I signed up for that class.

Quinn is one of my friends from that class and I am so glad we met. He has helped me so much, in ways that he has no idea of. There are lots of people in this world that you can talk with, but there are not very many that you really talk to. He's one of those people. I hope that no matter what happens in our lives, we stay friends.

My dance class is the thing I probably talk the most about here on this blog. I'm sorry, I can't help it. When I think of good things in my life, people that have helped me, or big things in my life right now, I automatically think of them. The thing is, though, I honestly don't know what I'd do if I didn't have them. They make my life 110% better every time I'm with them. We laugh our guts out and eat so much pie all the time and just work hard together. They are true friends to me. I know I annoy them sometimes and I don't always put in my best. Sometimes I get overbearing and put in too much. Because we're so comfortable together (and spend so much time together), they get to see a lot of my flaws. They have seen me at my worse, sweaty and gross. And yet, for some reason, they are still my friends and I love them for that. No matter where any of us go or what we do in our lives, we'll always be best friends. There are some things you can't go through together without that happening.

Jeremy Troff. Of course he's on this list. He's my other half. Even on his mission, he helps me so much. I've been missing him a lot lately. I don't know why. I miss talking with him. Luckily, I get to email him every week and every once in a while, I even get a letter. So much time has gone by since he left, it's crazy. It feels like no time has passed, but at the same time, when I think back to when he left, it feels like that was ten years ago. He is such an example to me, though, and such a great missionary. I can't wait to see him again.

Ben is such a wonderful part of my life. It can be hard, with him so far away sometimes. I miss him a lot. That's something that has made this semester a little difficult. Something a couple of girls have told me when I mentioned this was that I am lucky to even have him. And they're right, one hundred percent. He is so wonderful to me always and it won't be like this for too much longer. I don't ever want to forget, even when we don't get to be together, how blessed I am to have a guy like him.

The Lord is also an 'of course' on this list. I am so grateful for His love and blessings in my life. I don't do enough to show that gratitude or even express it enough. I'm working on it though and He's always patient with me and always, always there for me when I need it.

I don't know how anyone could look at my life and the wonderful people who love me without seeing how truly blessed I am. I hope I never can.

3 comments:

  1. I love you, Charly!!! I am truly blessed to have you in my life!! Thank you for being the absolutely wonderful person you are!!
    Liesl

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet blog post. You are awesome Charly!

    ReplyDelete