Thursday, August 16, 2012

WHO am I?

I am many things. It's weird to think about who you are, what you are, and who you aren't, in life. Some things, I wish deeply I was, but I'm not.

Like a concert pianist. I'm not. I'm not very good at piano.
But, I AM a piano player. Even if I don't play well, I'm learning to play and I love that.

I'm not a famous author.
But I AM a published author. And I think that's great. I'm really excited. I don't want to be famous. I just want to write, and to make a difference. The thing I want most in life is just a simple get-married-have-kids-stay-home-with-them-life. I don't want to be a famous author. Is that bad? Maybe. But not for me. I DO want to keep writing though, all my life. It's a talent I really need to improve on; I think it's a talent Heavenly Father blessed me with to help others. I feel very deeply about this, and so I feel that it is very important for me to work on it.
By the way, buy my book on Deseret Book's website, under Teens A to Z, or on Amazon.com! It's called A Date a Day, 365 Date Ideas For LDS Teens.

http://deseretbook.com/Date-Day-365-Ideas-LDS-Teens-Teen/i/b3739#


I am not a champion dancer or anything like that.
But I AM a dancer. And will be for all my life. I miss dance, I can't wait for it to start again.

I am not a very good runner. I don't even like running.
 But I AM a runner. I run with Jon. I'm not sure why. I am not one of those people who just enjoys running. I'd much rather be dancing or doing core or reading or eating or pretty much anything in the world. But, almost everyday, I go out with Jon. We don't go too far or very fast, but we do go out and do it. And I cherish those moments with Jon. I think THAT'S why I go. Actually, I know it is. Because of Jon.

I am not perfect, or even close to.
But, I'm working on it. It's going to take a LONG time. Every day I think that I have to be better tomorrow. That's hard sometimes, but I know it's okay with Heavenly Father, because I'm trying and that's what counts. I also have a lot of examples, the biggest right now being Jon.

And so, I am a lot. I am a piano player, a runner, and writer, an author, a dancer, trying. But, more than that, I am loved. I am blessed and for that, I am grateful. I am a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a niece, a friend. I am able to help others in my own ways, in ways no one else can. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. All of my accomplishments and the things I'm working on right now, well, they're good. But they're not my best blessings in my life, and I know that I wouldn't have gotten anywhere with any of them if it weren't for my family and friends and especially my Heavenly Father.

Because, the most important thing I could ever be, and the one thing that I will always, always be is His daughter. A daughter of my Heavenly Father, who loves me.
How wonderful a thought!




1 comment:

  1. So true. Reminds of of this song called "I am His Daughter." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKh3wF7DBPk

    ReplyDelete